Transactions on Software Engineering
The IEEE Transactions on Software Engineering (TSE) is an archival journal published bimonthly. We are interested in well-defined theoretical results and empirical studies that have potential impact on the construction, analysis, or management of software. Read the full scope of TSE.
Expand your horizons with Colloquium, a monthly survey of abstracts from all CS transactions!
From the February 2019 Issue
By Yao Pan, Jules White, Yu Sun, and Jeff Gray
Editorials and Announcements
- We are pleased to announce that Nenad Medvidović, a Professor in the Computer Science Department and in the Informatics Program at the University of Southern California, has been selected as the new Editor-in-Chief of the IEEE Transactions on Software Engineering starting in 2018.
- TSE now offers authors access to Code Ocean. Code Ocean is a cloud-based executable research platform that allows authors to share their algorithms in an effort to make the world’s scientific code more open and reproducible. Learn more or sign up for free.
- According to Clarivate Analytics' 2016 Journal Citation Report, TSE has an impact factor of 3.272.
- State of the Journal (January 2019)
- State of the Journal (January 2018)
- Editorial from the New Editor in Chief (January 2018)
- Connecting and Serving the Software Engineering Community (March 2016)
- Editorial: Journal-First Publication for the Software Engineering Community (Jan 2016)
- State of the Journal Editorial (Jan 2015)
- In Memoriam: Mary Jean Harrold (1947-2013) (Nov 2013)
- In Memoriam: David Notkin (1953-2013) (June 2013)
- 2016 TSE Reviewers List (PDF)
- 2016 TSE Annual Index (PDF)
Access All Recently Published TSE Articles
Subscribe to the RSS feed of recently published TSE content
Sign up for e-mail notifications through IEEE Xplore Content Alerts
View TSE preprints in the Computer Society Digital Library