TCS Approval Criteria
Application documents from the Conference Organization (checked by the Staff):
- Application form from an NPO
- SOB by a TC Chair or STC Chair. A STC SOB needs an OK from the STC OC Chair.
- If it is one of a series a statement about the ‘scientific results (attendees, # of (full) papers submitted, # of (full) papers accepted, publication avenue
- A Web page listing the Organization Committees and the Program Committee
Guiding Rules checked by the Staff:
- 1. Xplore or CPS publication required. Exceptions granted by CAC. No exceptions for ‘Frequent’ Conference Organizers (FCOs).
- 2. All fees paid (before or after the evaluation?). Exceptions granted by CAC. None for FCOs.
- 3. Starting in 2016 the fourth application will have a fee increase. A warning note should be included in the Application Guides together with an argument to encourage a move to financially (co-) sponsored conferences.
Guiding Rules checked by CAC:
- Two CAC members review the application, the CAC Chair decides.
Checks to be made:
- Is the IEEE ICX conference application consistent?
- Is the TC Endorsement (Statement of Benefits- SoB) strong and comprehensive (This is the main quality control document)?
- Is the Conference Web page comprehensive, the scope proper for IEEE CS? Is the PC large enough, well-balanced and international?
- Does the information about the past conference strengthen the data in the application?
- Do you personally know any of the organizers and their professional reputation? (Search for their organizational & personal websites)
- Any IEEE Fellows on organizing or steering committee?
- Is the Paper Review and Selection Software clearly specified? Is the software well known with a good reputation?
- Is the acceptance rate for full papers low enough?
- In the exceptional case that the conference proceedings are not published by CPS or Xplore, what is the reputation of the publishing vendor?
- Are you satisfied that there is enough IEEE and CS brand value gain and membership benefit to grant TCS? (Remember most TCS costs the CS money)